Look, our vegetarian friends notwithstanding, we all want to roast a whole pig. There’s something primordially appealing about meat — especially pork — roasted over fire. But our modern lives are busy. Who has the time (not to mention the upper arm strength) to stand by the fire, turning your pig on the spit for hours?
As Endlesswinter77 humbly described, “So I got the KitchenAid rotisserie attachment.. and did a pig roast.” (It should be noted that if you are uncomfortable with images of a whole animal being roasted on a spit, you should probably go read something else right this second.)
Every time we look at these photos, we’re more impressed. The construction, the ingenuity, the pork. We hope our invitation for the next one is in the mail.
Also on HuffPost:
- Combat Kitchenware: a frypan with a sword hilt
- Spaghetti with San Marzano Tomatoes, Peperoncino and Fresh Basil
- New Replacement Mixer Attachment Beater for your KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- ‘Epic Meal Time’ Provides Actual Recipes On Third Show, ‘Handle It’
- There’s a way to make sausage; then there’s his way